Holland & Hausberger has a unique strength in the chemical industry in that its team has a blend of cutting edge theoretical understanding of chemical processes and experience in “hands-on” practical engineering. This puts us in a distinctive position of being able to engineer chemical processes from fundamental concept through to final process design package (PDP) allowing for critical process efficiencies to be considered during the concept development and carried through to final implementation.
Unique strength in the chemical industry
We offer a range of process engineering services to the chemical industry. With our strong background in petrochemicals and in particular Fischer–Tropsch synthesis, we can develop high-level scoping/due diligence studies, prefeasibility studies and “bankable” feasibility studies (BFS), as well as basic engineering packages (BEP) for chemical plants.
We have experience in reaction- and separation-based chemical processes ranging from coal and biomass gasification to Fischer–Tropsch synthesis, ammonia synthesis, and distillation.
H&H offers scoping study/due diligence services, including:
- Identification of the proposed project parameters, both economically and technically. These address the local resource as well as the economic aspects of the opportunity.
- Identification of the suitability of the resource feedstocks to the available syngas and clean-up technologies for the production of the necessary downstream energy and fuel production.
- Identification and quantification of potential impacts of the project and associated risks.
- Development of a high level economic model for the application of the technology.
For the elected process configuration we will complete:
- The full process design package
- The preliminary infrastructure design
- Detailed estimates of the investment and manufacturing costs
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Develop the execution plan for the project
- Determine the scope, quality, cost and time of the proposed project
- Develop project risk mitigation strategies
Front-End Engineering Design (FEED)
For the elected process configuration we will deliver the FEED package, including:
- Project objectives
- Project description
- Project execution plan
- Process design basis
- Mass and energy balances
- BFD, PFD, and P&ID
- Equipment layout
- Site preparation details
- Civil design
- Structural design
- Detailed piping design
- Safety/fire design
- Insulation design
- Equipment datasheets
- DCS specification
- I/O count and list
- Interlock tables
- Alarm tables
- Instrument lists
- Instrument datasheets
- Control and relief valve datasheets
- HAZOP review
- Constructability review
- Cost estimate
- Materials of construction diagrams
- Piping one line diagrams
- Electrical one line diagrams
- Project definition summary
- EPCM schedule
- FEL rating